Five questions brands need to answer to be customer first in the digital age
Prashant Gandhi, Jonathan Gordon, Jesko Perrey and Sofia Serra | McKinsey| July 2017
Good quick checklist of important considerations for developing a customer centric organisation. Thinking about the end to end customer journey is essential, not just touchpoints which don’t enable you to see the full picture.
The five questions discussed in the article are:
- Are you thinking about customer journeys rather than just touchpoints?
- How useful is your data? You need a 360-degree view of all your customer’s information and activities.
- Do you truly understand why your customers are doing what they’re doing? Turn your customer data into business insights.
- How relevant are your communications and interactions? Data-activated marketing based on a person’s real-time needs, interests and behaviours can boost total sales by 15 to 20 percent while significantly improving the ROI on marketing spend across marketing channels.
- Do you have the right people on your teams (and the processes and guidelines to support them)?